Check out Discovery Institute’s “The Theory of Intelligent Design: A Briefing Packet for Educators.” As part of its response to the PBS-NOVA documentary “Judgment Day: Intelligent Design,” Discovery Institute just released this packet (for free download, see below). The packet contains numerous resources for educators to effectively teach about biological origins in public schools. These resources include:
1) An introductory letter helping teachers to understand the debate and to avoid the pitfalls in the PBS-NOVA’s educational resources;
2) An FAQ answering common questions about evolution and intelligent design, discussing definitions and evidence for both theories.
3) The truth about the Kitzmiller v. Dover trial.
4) A summary of the law regarding teaching evolution in public schools.
5) A list of authorities that support teaching the controversy over evolution.
6) A detailed discussion of some of the scientific controversies that can be taught regarding Darwinian evolution.
7) References of peer-reviewed scientific papers supporting intelligent design.
8] A list of internet resources on intelligent design and evolution.
Read more about the educators packet here.
Download color version of the PDF here.
Download B/W printable version of the PDF here.