Rev. Michael Dowd, in his own words a “religious naturalist” andalso “evolutionary Christian mystic naturalist” wants us to know about “Evolutionary Christianity”:
FEATURING MANY OF TODAY’S MOST INSPIRING CHRISTIAN LEADERS AND ESTEEMED SCIENTISTS—INCLUDING NOBEL LAUREATES, TEMPLETON PRIZE-WINNERS, AND LUMINARIES FROM NEARLY EVERY DENOMINATION.
HOST: Rev. Michael Dowd, author of Thank God for Evolution, which was endorsed by 6 Nobel Prize-winning scientists and religious leaders across the spectrum.
On the one hand:
Episode 3: Denis Lamoureux – “Beyond the Evolution vs. Creation Debate”Denis Lamoureux, a leading evangelical contributor to the public understanding of evolution, is a professor of science and religion at the University of Alberta. He is a council member of the Canadian Scientific and Christian Affiliation, and author of I Love Jesus and I Accept Evolution.
– How the “intelligent design” movement dishonors God and distorts science
– Why and how the church is sometimes its own worst enemy, and what to do about it
– How evolution can strengthen and deepen conservative, Bible-centered faith
On the other hand:
Episode 10: John Shelby Spong – “Celebrating Post-Theistic Christian Faith”John Shelby Spong is a retired Episcopal bishop and prophetic theologian whose books have sold more than a million copies, among them: Rescuing the Bible from Fundamentalism and Why Christianity Must Change or Die.
– How Christianity has, for two thousand years, taken in new sources of revelation
– What is possible when we move beyond magical, otherworldly notions of God
– Worshipping God by courageously being everything you can be, in service to life
Christian Darwinism morphs into New Age? Read it and bleep.