PLOS’s top five human evolution discoveries of 2017
|December 11, 2017||Posted by News under Human evolution|
Here, their top house picks:
1) A new Homo naledi fossil nicknamed Neo
2) Ancient human DNA discovered in dirt
3) Homo sapiens fossils from Morocco that are over 300,000 years old!
4) Humans arrived in Australia 65,000 years ago
5) A new species of ancient ape, Nyanzapithecus alesi More.
Reasons for rankings, of course, provided.
See also: What we know and don’t know about human evolution