One-day online seminar October 24, 2020, 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM Eastern US time. From the Christian Scientific Society Newsletter:
● Jon Garvey, author of God’s Good Earth: The Case for an Unfallen Creation
● Stuart Burgess, professor of engineering, University of Bristol, discussing the “bad design” argument (a.k.a. the “Panda’s Thumb” argument) and design tradeoffs
● Fuz Rana, of Reasons to Believe, familiar to many of us as a frequent CSS speaker, on “Perfect Imperfections,” examples of cited imperfections in biochemical systems
● Scott Minnich, professor at the University of Idaho, on “Does the evolution of Yersinia pestis (plague) virulence provide insights into theodicy?”
● Dave Snoke, professor at the University of Pittsburgh, on the general question of the Problem of Evil.
It’s free but a $20 donation is suggested.