● The Canadian truckers and their supporters held a press conference February 7, 2022, for the media who despise them:
● The Ottawa police chief took credit in part for the GoFundMe cancellation. The cancellation actually made very little difference because money isn’t the big need. Supplies from supporters in the community appear from nowhere. The struggle is getting the Trust the Science elite to quit listening to international freakouts and listen to reality on the ground instead.
That said, the GiveSendGo organization that now accepts donations for the truckers reports, “We’ve seen nearly 10 million bots trying to overwhelm our servers in just the past two hours. Though this has caused issues for the platform, we will not let it stand in the way of providing a safe and effective means of fundraising for our campaign owner[s] across the globe.”
● Ottawa towing companies are refusing to tow the truckers: “All tow-truck operators on contract with the City of Ottawa have refused to remove the heavy vehicles associated with the ‘Freedom Convoy’ from the downtown core, the city manager says.” Maybe the contempt and indifference of an elite progressive government isn’t as inspiring to the masses of lab rats as the elite have thought.
● The airlines are beginning to tire of the imposed recession. “Interim CEO Harry Taylor said travel advisories and testing requirements were meant to be temporary, but that after two years the industry crisis has come to a head. ‘It is disappointing that Canada remains stagnant in its approach and continues to make travel inaccessible and punitive for Canadians and inbound tourists,’ he said Monday.”
● Ottawa businesses that obediently closed during the demonstrations lost a lot of money: “Apparently, the people running these restaurants believed the narrative that the demonstrators were prone to vandalism and violence.” Actually, the restaurants would have been in competition with all the free food offered but, even so, lots of people would have just gone out to dinner and let the homeless have the free food. “Oh, and the handful of restaurants that are not shuttered? Business has never been better. Lineups of customers literally stretch out the doors. And guess what? There has been no reports of barbarism erupting.”
● One of Justin Trudeau’s own MPs has broken rank and is calling for an end to the COVID crazy: “Liberal MP Joël Lightbound gave a solo press conference this morning to call on his own government to lift COVID-19 restrictions and to change its ‘divisive’ tone on the issue.” The opposition party, formerly echoing the government, has followed up: “When it comes to lockdowns and mandates, we’re seeing things change very quickly and rightly so,” Bergen added, noting recent comments from Canada’s Chief Public Health Officer Dr. Theresa Tam that vaccine mandates should be “reevaluated.”
● Elite-driven slanders, hyped in Canadian media, continue: “Freedom Convoy truckers say Trudeau and North America’s liberal media are falsely demonizing them as ultra-right-wing crazies. And after spending a week in their midst, the Mail’s reporter can only conclude these peaceful, good-natured protestors are 100% correct about that – if nothing else” Also: “Trudeau accused of fueling anger after claiming anti-vax protesters are ‘waving swastikas’
Justin, baby, relax. What you saw might have been the flag of the province of Saskatchewan or something. It’s hard to see clearly when you are peeking out from hiding, shouting insults, and not meeting anybody. Now go get your beauty sleep.
● An Alberta MLA, visiting one of the standoffs at Coutts, Alberta, says, the Convoys have inspired the world to fight for freedom. ‘Freedom Convoy’ Protests Are Spreading Throughout World as Truckers Lead the Fight Against Mandates.
Meanwhile, in the United States, four governors are dumping mask mandates: “For those with short-term memory loss, to advocate for individual responsibility was — until five minutes ago — to wish for the death of grandmothers everywhere. Now it’s science, apparently.”
● Longtime indie publisher Ezra Levant explains the hatred and contempt Canadian media feel for the truckers and their followers in an epic thread (February 8, 2022):
1. The first thing to know about the media is that they’re lazy. They’d rather re-write a government press release than get up from their desk and report from the field — especially when it’s -20° out.
So they repeat Trudeau’s lie that the truckers are racist and sexist.
…2— Ezra Levant (@ezralevant) February 8, 2022
2. The second thing to know is that in Canada, more than 99% of journalists receive a payment from Justin Trudeau. Here’s the list of the journalists who took Trudeau’s $61 million pre-election pay-off: https://t.co/loGh7YgWqV
It’s more than 99% of working journalists.— Ezra Levant (@ezralevant) February 8, 2022
3. There is an illusion of media competition in Canada, but it’s an oligopoly. Postmedia — the largest recipient of Trudeau’s media bail-out — owns every English-language daily newspaper in Canada, except two. And even they just run the same wire copy as their competitors.— Ezra Levant (@ezralevant) February 8, 2022
4. And Trudeau’s CBC state broadcaster is larger than all other news media combined. Every non-CBC journalist tailors their work so that, if they’re laid off, they can get hired at the CBC, since it’s “too big to fail”. It’s the last resort.— Ezra Levant (@ezralevant) February 8, 2022
There was never any chance you were going to find out what was happening from the legacy Canadian media. They’re more likely embedded with the police than the truckers. For news value, you need the few independents who don’t take the government’s cash.
● How did elite progressives and their media court flatterers come to despise working Canadians so much that they actually tripped a Big Switch in Canada? Commentator Roger Simon talks about the Frankfurt School and offers, “The yawning gap between them and the people they lord over has become too great. People are sickened, as they should be, by the arrogance.”
● The last word in elite cluelessness belongs to Ottawa Mayor Jim Watson: “It’s disturbing when you see the protest turning into what looks like some kind of a fun carnival, where they’ve got bouncy castles and hot tubs and saunas, a complete insult to the people who are putting up with this nonsense for the last seven days, and it shows a great deal of insensitivity,” …
Mr. Watson, kids – who are not at significant risk via COVID – have been in elite progressive COVID-19 jail for years. Soon, other parents are also going to get red-pilled and start liberating their kids from Trust the Science! jail. And trust them to think they have the right to ask some hard questions.
Summary: The reason people are laughing, smiling, and dancing here is this: It started with the truckers and the mandates. But the message is now much bigger: Canada belongs to the people of Canada, not to the internationalist elite who despise us. And don’t get us started on “Trust the Science!” After all, we’re Canadians. We would not want to be rude.
You may also wish to read:
Let us listen to Dr. Robert Malone, dissenting expert, on the COVID-19 crisis
and, for what’s happening in suddenly famous Canada:
The police swoop in Ottawa: The Constitution? Old news now. “Trust the science!” is starting to show its totalitarian face in Canada — but, as they slowly learn the facts, citizens are standing their ground, From the comments: “Canadians: ‘Be polite when you are being arrested.’ u guys rock!” (Sure, commenter. Canada belongs to the people of Canada. And this is how free people fight back. Serfs, by contrast, destroy things and attack people because they have no stake in a free and prosperous society.)
What I saw at the Freedom Convoy in downtown Victoria It was all friendly; people were having a good time. There was no violence; I heard no racial epithets and saw no racial insignia. So if media tell you that it is really about white nationalism, etc., remember that the legacy Canadian media are in fact supported to stay in business by the federal government. Because few depend on them for news any more.